- Very good
- Very good
- Your rating:
Your rating has been saved
Oops, something's gone wrong. Try again.
Songbird is fully compatible with:
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
You'll also need:
|Free space:||150 MB|
Songbird is also compatible with ▼▲
Songbird is also available in other platforms ▼▲
- Chinese Simp
- Chinese Trad
Versions of Songbird
|Songbird 18.104.22.1683 11/02/13||Free (GPL)||English||Download|
|Songbird 1.10.2 24/05/12||Free (GPL)||English||Download|
|Songbird 1.1.1 19/06/13||Free (GPL)||English||Download|
|Songbird 1.0.0 19/06/13||Free (GPL)||English||Download|
Did you know about a new version? Tell us
Powerful audio player and manager with support for plug-ins
- NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Playlist and track sync with Android devices has been improved.
- Added official support for Google/Samsung Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy SII, HTC Evo 3D, and Galaxy Nexus.
- The issue with WMA tracks not being playable after updating to 1.10.1 should be resolved.
- When creating a Smart Playlist with the criteria of "Playlist is Library", Songbird no longer crashes.
- KNOWN BUGS/ISSUES IN 1.10.2
- Songbird may crash while mounting a device. ( bug 22960)
- The blue dots that indicate tracks on a device that are not yet in the main library may not display until the line is hovered over. ( bug 23711)
- Video recordings transferred from devices may have a generic name and metadata inside Songbird. ( bug 23826)
- Removable storage in phones (mostly Samsungs) is not always detected if the phone is connected while Songbird is running. ( bug 25336)
- For more details, see full changelog
- Easy to use, especially for iTunes users
- Organizes your music in a handy catalog
- Downloads album art
- Support for global hotkeys
- Monitors music folder to keep your library updated
- No support for podcasts
"A Lot Of Untapped Potential"
Songbird was supposed to be the Firefox of Audio Players but is has a lot of untapped potential. Some of it has to do with lack of add-on support and the fact while it's basic jukebox audio player is nice, it does lack out of the box features already implimented in similar audio players such as MediaMonkey.
The downsides to Songbird is the fact while it does have add-ons and themes they are just too basic and the Songbird is just too limited feature wise out of the box to compete with other alternatives such as MediaMonkey.
I recommend everyone keep trying Songbird just simply to see if it ever reaches it's potential and truly becomes the Firefox of Audio Players. Until then your better off sticking to programs like MediaMonkey
- Add-ons And Skins
- Limited Basic Features
- Unstable At Times
- 31 Jul 2010
With Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, it was very easy to customize your Windows logon and... See more
Do you need to access a computer from a different location? Don’t panic, there are many free programs... See more
Questions and answers Songbird
Discover alternatives to and add-ons for Songbird
- songbird 1.9.4
- libraries file explorer app
- songbird download freeware
- vlc equalizer free download
- songbird 1.9.1
- aimp 2.11 new version 2012 free download
- songbird 1.10.3
- download free songbird
- variety music player software
- songbird 2.2.0
- itunes art importer 9.1.2